MIMICO is a family owned business with strong values which we refer to as the MIMICO way. When you work for MIMICO you become a part of the team.
Our mission is to provide quality plant, equipment and services to maximise customer productivity and profitability. Supported by nationwide service network and extensive parts inventory. Underpinned by highly trained employees motivated to ensure long term sustainable growth.
MIMICO sells, hires and services heavy machinery for the quarrying, mining, contracting, construction, recycling and forestry industries. MIMICO is now the New Zealand distributor for Metso crushing and screening equipment, Kobelco Hydraulic excavators, Moxy Articulated Dump Trucks, Epiroc rock breakers and demolition equipment, Dynapac construction equipment, Superior conveyors and wash systems, MDS International trommels and apron feeders, ZF transmission and drive components for construction equipment, Cesco concrete mixer bowls, and manufactures Lamella portable waste water treatment plants.
What the job involves:
Heavy Diesel Field Service Technician position available for an outstanding self-starter who enjoys working autonomously. Work remotely from your service vehicle covering the Manawatu/ Palmerston North area reporting to the Paraparaumu workshop as required. This role will be based from your service vehicle with approximately 80% field work and 20% workshop work.
You will primarily be responsible for repairing, maintaining and servicing machines and equipment. This could include excavators, dump trucks, rollers and rock breakers. There is also the possibility you may help out with Crushing & Screening equipment or our sister company Crane Sales New Zealand depending on work load.
To be successful in this position your toolbox will need to include:
· Trade qualification with a minimum of 3 years post trade or 5 years of relevant heavy diesel experience
· A positive attitude and with a willingness to learn
· Willingness to comply and adhere to MIMICO and Clients Health & Safety requirements
· Sound knowledge of hydraulic systems
· Knowledge and understanding of diagnostics
· Intermediate computer skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· The ability to work alone or be a part of a team
Benefits of joining the MIMICO team:
· Time and a half rates paid after 8 hours per day Mon-Fri and on weekends
· Tool allowance paid in addition to hourly rate
· Fully subsidised health insurance
· Fully subsidised life insurance
· Excellent commitment to product training to continuously up skill our team
· Service Vehicle
Things to note:
As part of the employment process MIMICO does complete reference checks, Ministry of justice checks, pre-employment drug tests and pre-employment medical assessments.