We want you to join our crew! The Queenstown Events Centre pool team is looking to fill its roster with Casual Health and Fitness Aquatics Crew members. Casual shifts are available across 7 days, and the successful candidate must be willing to work a range of morning, day, evening and weekend shifts. Successful candidates must be available and prepared to be trained and pick up casual work during the period 30th November 2020 to 7th February 2021.
As Health and Fitness Aquatics Crew (Lifeguard) it will be your job to ensure the safe supervision of all users in an aquatic environment. You will be expected to provide a high level of customer service, make great health and safety decisions, have pride in cleaning and custodianship and be competent to provide emergency response where required.
This role is instrumental in assisting with participation of our community and membership retention by ensuing a fun and dynamic, yet safe and effective environment and facility. Your goal is to get more people, more active, more often.
To be considered, you will have;
- Experience in the supervision and control of the public
- A positive, can do attitude and proven ability working well as part of a team
- Flexibility and availability to work a range of morning, evening and weekend shifts across 7 days
- A confident swimming ability – able to swim 200m continuously and competently in less than 6 minutes but preferably in less than 4 minutes and 30 seconds. Must be able to competently complete 25m sidestroke, 50m Breaststroke, 5 minutes treading water and you must be able to recover an object from the deepest part of the facility. Must be able to carry out a variety of water rescues and life-saving techniques correctly and competently.
- A current NZQA affiliated First Aid Certificate that meets the following unit standards. Unit standards Group A (both of 26551 & 26552) and/or unit standards group B (all of: 6400, 6401, 6402)
- A current NZ Pool Lifeguard Skills Award or Pool Lifeguard Practicing Certificate (preferred). Trainees must be at least 16 years of age to gain these.
In return the successful candidate will receive;
- A great working environment as part of a large competent team
- Competitive market remuneration
- Casual work hours
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
- Company social club
For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit https://qldc.qjumpersjobs.co/
Applications close: Friday, 30 October 2020.