Responsible for testing high performance networking equipment.
Q: Are you a high performing and motivated person looking to build a career in hardware verification testing, testing high-performance networking equipment?
Q: Do you enjoy working with equipment built on cutting edge hardware and software?
Q: Are you enthusiastic about bringing the value of Open Source Technologies in both tools and technology into real world products?
Yes? Then maybe the challenging role of Network Test Engineer at Allied Telesis Labs is for you!
We are looking for Graduate Network Test Engineers who are passionate about electronic and electrical engineering with a test focus. A team focus is essential as you will be working with a friendly team of experienced engineers.
Founded in 1987, we’ve been serving the needs of the network communications industry for over 30 years. Our solutions-based philosophy of producing products that deliver value to our customers, together with high-quality service and support, has resulted in an extensive worldwide customer presence.
Here in Christchurch, we’re the largest research and development facility for the Allied Telesis Group, developing market-leading offerings in Software Defined Networking, and Network Security.
About the role
This is a challenging role where you can exercise and grow your skill and understanding of network protocols, features and products. This uses leading-edge tools and strategies to test and prove the designs to find any issues, so that we can release robust networking products to the market in a timely manner.
This role may cover different areas of network testing including switches, routers, wireless, graphical user interface, scenarios and security. You will be comfortable working autonomously and as part of a team.
Allied Telesis has a supportive team environment, where questioning and asking for help are encouraged, as well as providing training and other opportunities for personal development.
Your skills and experience
As a successful Graduate Network Test Engineer at ATL you will be required to possess:
· Attention to detail, questioning the unexpected and a methodical approach to tasks is essential
· A genuine customer and quality focus
· Great communication skills with well-developed problem identification and resolution skills
· Configuring complex network technologies
· In-depth testing of networking device features
· Diploma or degree in a networking discipline, with CCNA, CCNP or equivalent, is highly desirable
You will also potentially possess technical skills in some or all of the following areas:
· Network protocol and applications testing
· Software testing
· Use of cutting-edge network traffic generators and analysers
· Analysing technical problems and identifying the cause of them
· Linux test environments and/or similar OS variants
· Programming in python or other scripting languages
What’s in it for you?
As an employee of Allied Telesis, you can expect:
· Health insurance for you and your family
· Your birthday off – go and celebrate you!
· Use of our gym, sauna, spa and 22m indoor swimming pool
· Community service leave – because giving matters
· Free car parking and secure bike storage
· Vending machines and coffee throughout our two buildings
· Pool table in the main staffroom
· Remote working allowance
· Mentoring, support and growth
If you’ve got what it takes and would like to be part of our dynamic team, apply now!