Hospitality New Zealand is all about giving hospitality operators a helping hand in as many ways as possible with their business. Through our membership service we are able to gauge the views and experiences of a wide variety of New Zealand hospitality operators including restaurants, café bars, hotels, taverns, off-licenses, casinos and a wide array of short and long-term accommodation providers.
Based in Wellington and reporting directly to the CE, the General Manager Operations has responsibility for developing and growing the nationwide membership in collaboration with a team of Regional Managers.
As part of the senior leadership team the purpose of the role is to:
· Oversee and ensure optimal service delivery to members through the Regional Managers, ensuring sound operational practices are in place.
· Develop and implement strategies and initiatives to grow the association’s membership through the National Service Centre (Knowledge Hub, Partnership and Events).
· Develop member services, tools, and resources in line with strategy and identified membership needs.
· Develop and oversee marketing and communications, ensure that we have relevant and timely information, our channels are optimised to attract and retain members (Web and Social) and we have and always on proactive communication strategy.
· Be the Brand champion, internally and externally.
The General Manager Operations role is varied with key objectives around operational and financial management, group membership recruitment and support, branch support, events and has a strong relationship management focus so the ability to engage and liaise with a wide range of stakeholders is an important part of the position.
To be successful in this role you will have proven experience in a relevant management and due to the diverse geographical locations of the team, you will be comfortable and capable of managing regional field staff. Previous experience in the hospitality or commercial accommodation industry would be an advantage.
You’ll also have:
This is an exciting role supporting New Zealand’s tourism sector. Please apply online now, applications close on 22 February however we may close the role sooner if a suitable candidate is found.
We look forward to hearing from you!