What does Enable do?
120,000 local families, businesses, schools, and healthcare and community service providers are now enjoying the benefits of world-class fibre broadband in greater Christchurch. ‘Connecting our Community with Unlimited Opportunity’ is Enable’s purpose. This is being realised today with the people of Christchurch enjoying unprecedented access to global markets, services and customers; connecting with each other and the world in exciting new ways; benefitting from advancing online community services; and making the most of digital learning opportunities. The critical role of fibre broadband has been clear through the COVID-19 crisis and Enable and our services are set to play a huge role in the Christchurch’s social and economic growth as we move beyond this crisis and into future embracing the Internet of Things, Smart City and Artificial Intelligence.
Enable is 100 percent owned by the people of Christchurch, through the Christchurch City Council. We strive to operate our business in a sustainable way and are working towards achieving lower emissions and waste. In addition, we are committed to reducing the digital divide with a vision of ensuring more people can participate in and benefit from broadband connectivity and online opportunities.
What will you do?
Enable owns fibre optic assets of considerable value. Our fibre optic inventory of assets is managed in Hexagon G/Technology and we have through our partnership with Hexagon extended the base product offering to support significant asset management automation. This includes asset assignment and relinquishment for new connections and terminations on our network.
The G/Technology Geospatial Solution Lead will assume responsibility for the existing platform and establish an ambitious geospatial asset management automation programme of extending this solution and introducing to the business innovative, cutting-edge solutions to fibre optic asset management.
To be successful, you will have:
· Relevant Tertiary and or Professional experience which demonstrates expert software development skills and their application to geospatial systems.
· Significant experience of over 10 years in Hexagon G/Technology Product; Fibre Optic Works and undertaking related customisations
· long-standing experience of Geospatial solutions
· Have strong experience in engaging with vendors
· Have significant experience in establishing interoperable solutions of G/Technology into other ecosystem applications, using web services; API’s etc.
· Have a background encompassing software engineering
· Customer-facing experience translating technical concepts and solutions to non-technical and executive audiences.
· Demonstrated knowledge of relational database administration and queries (Oracle SQL), and optional experience with Unix/Linux operating systems and commands.
· Have experience in tiered architecture and the abstraction of data, business logic and presentation.
Why you should apply?
We care about our people. We’re a close team who like to have fun, support and motivate each other to succeed. We celebrate success, and we are passionate about developing our people to their fullest potential. Joining us means joining a caring and collaborative environment with people who enjoy getting stuff done – not to mention that this is an opportunity to be part of a high profile, nationally significant project that will grow your career and shape the future of Christchurch!
Our values underpin the delivery of our purpose, and our promise to ensure that our customers never stop getting more out of life.
· Smash boundaries – Work together to create bold new outcomes
· Keep it simple and fresh – Innovation loves clarity
· Own the experience – Take charge and make great happen now
· Show the love – Care for each other, our community and environment