The Good George Hospitality Group is locally owned and operated. We are a group built on true team development and involvement that recognises and understands the importance of each individual. The Good George Hospitality Group is dedicated to providing outstanding customer experiences - we are champions of great beer, ciders, gin and martinis and we're passionate about great food and good times.
Good George Dining Hall is the home of the brewery in Frankton and a favourite with locals. Surrounded by brewery tanks and the hustle and bustle of the brewery, customers love the atmosphere. It is the coming together of great hospitality and the craft of brewing good beer and cider that makes Good George special. We want passionate, confident and motivated individuals. If you love people, love providing excellent customer service and have sound food and drinks knowledge then we want YOU!
We’re now looking for a superstar to join our small team. Whilst this role is advertised as a “Functions Manager”, the successful applicant will need to be a bit of a jack of all trades (yes, I’m aware of how cliché this is). Your experience will not guarantee success in this role so I’m looking for a person, not a CV.
I’m looking for someone who’s passionate about helping people have the best experience possible; one of your primary characteristics is your willingness to learn and develop; and someone who’s happy to get stuck in and do the hard yards that are needed to ensure everyone leaves Good George happy.
Unfortunately, I do have some pre-requisites for this role. These are:
- NZ Citizen/ Resident or NZ work visa holder (sorry team, this role will not be a sponsorship role at this stage)
- A current LCQ and GM’s Cert would be a major positive, but not a necessity
- Not afraid of some hard work (getting stuck in is part of all of our roles)
- This role will involve working nights and weekends consistently. Please don't apply unless you're comfortable doing nights/weekends going forward.
Some extra perks of the role:
- Meals provided when managing and a great team discount
- Supportive leadership that wants to help
- Flexibility within the roster to have a life
- Discounted beer & cider from an epic award-winning brewery
Thanks for reading to the end, and I look forward to hearing from those interested!