The Field Engineer position will play a key role in establishing a consistent and structured approach to infrastructure compliance within the fast paced development industry and will play a key role in overseeing quality control of vested and capital assets during construction.
Key deliverables are outlined below:
- Ensure timely and quality input is obtained from Councils asset engineers, and provide pragmatic advice to applicants regarding engineering issues to achieve workable solutions.
- To ensure compliance with the Resource Management Act 1991 and effective implementation of the District Plan and guidance material on infrastructure for developments.
- Ensure that problems or potential problems are identified early and that timely and adequate corrective actions are recommended to the Development Engineering Team Leader.
- Carry out inspections to monitor physical works for compliance with approved design information such as specifications and engineer drawings; as well as Council’s requirements applicable land development or construction standards.
The ideal candidate will:
- Relevant tertiary Engineering qualification (eg BE (Civil), Bachelor of Technology, NZCE Civil or NZ Diploma in Engineering). Chartered Professional Engineer would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in Civil construction or similar role in a local authority.
- Experience in managing contractors and professional experts.
- Knowledge of the Resource Management Act 1991 and Local Government Act 2002.
The Horowhenua is located between beautiful beaches and the Tararua ranges with plenty of opportunities for relaxing and adventuring. It’s also close to Wellington for when you need the bright lights. If you are considering a lifestyle change or are driven by being part of a forward thinking Team, invest in exploring this exciting chance to be part of Local Government.
This is a full time permanent position, and a very real opportunity to make a difference in the community.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please call Joe Fletcher on 06 366 0999.
Closing date for this role is Monday 19th April 2021.