With more than 30 years of commitment to the treatment of fertility, Fertility Associates is the leading provider of fertility services in New Zealand. We are very proud to celebrate over 20'000 babies born through our reproductive technology. Today 1 in 50 Kiwi babies will start with Fertility Associates- that’s nearly one in every classroom
We are inviting enquiries from suitably qualified Psychologists, Counsellor and Social Workers, eligible for full ANZICA membership to join our team to provide Psychological support and counselling for patients at our Wellington clinic in a 0.5 FTE position over 3 days a week.
· Organise, promote, deliver a professional, independent Psychological service to those involved in assisted reproductive treatments
· Use psychological therapeutic modalities consistent with Health intervention and support.
· Work closely with the medical team to ensure clinical work and administration of the Psychological service are maintained to the highest standard and according to the NZ Fertility Standard 8181, the Australian and New Zealand Fertility Counsellors Association (ANZICA) guidelines for counselling, the Fertility Society of Australia Reproductive Technology Accreditation Code of Practice, and Fertility Associates protocols and processes as well as their own professional code of practice.
· Are responsible for the highest level of psychological support given to patients, including crisis intervention
· Be a Health or clinical psychologist be a registered practitioner in New Zealand, Hold a Master’s degree in Counselling, or and be eligible for full membership of ANZICA Possess a degree in Social Work.
· Have at least 3 years of supervised practical clinical experience- ideally in women’s health, sexual health, grief work or relationship counselling.
· Need to become familiar with assisted reproductive technology and any current relevant legislation and keep fully updated on these
· Will be involved with ensuring people are giving informed consent to treatment
· Will be skilled in keeping patient records, working with on-line medical IT and office systems and can write formal reports
· Are able to manage own caseload and be able to work independently and within a team of multi-disciplinary professionals in a medical setting delivering both a public funded and private funded service
· Have a passion for our very special area of medicine
Applicant must be legally entitled to work in NZ
All applicants will be police checked.
We can offer you a supportive professional working environment, 5 weeks Annual Leave and free car parking.
If you are interested in this role, please apply online to send us your CV and tell us about yourself.