Family Violence Facilitator - New Plymouth
· Initially - six month, fixed term position – 40 hours per week (maternity cover)
· Potential for permanent work at the end of this period – and scope for growth into other areas of work/roles in the agency, ie social work, counselling, group work.
· Great work environment, supportive team, fulltime working hours
About the Role:
The main focus is the provision of the Non-Violence Programme, which aims to prevent family violence through working with those who have used abusive behaviours. This is a programme of therapeutic intervention with key points to engage on, however there is flexibility so that your delivery can fit with your approach, preferred models/theories, and style of working. The team work closely together and are supported with regular individual and group supervision, alongside an NVP focused Team Leader.
There is also scope to facilitate safety programmes for adults and children, providing safety services and therapeutic intervention to whanau who have experienced the effects of family violence. Both services are currently provided in individual sessions, however we are planning to move into group provision as well.
Family Works is one of New Zealand's largest NGOs providing integrated social services for the whole community. We are dedicated to enhancing the lives of tamariki and whanau. We provide a range of services to whanau and communities, including social work, counselling, mediation, mentoring and parenting support.
We have been undergoing changes to our team over recent months, including appointing a new permanent Team Manager, and the development of a positive team culture. Moving forward, we are working together as a team to co-design how we can best serve our clients across a range of contracts and modalities.
You will be a skilled practitioner with a strengths-based approach, integrity in your mahi, strong communication skills and commitment to working safely and respectfully with vulnerable people.
· Have experience of working with vulnerable adults and children, ideally within the family violence sector.
· Be experienced and adept at recognising and managing risks associated with family violence, child abuse, and mental health challenges.
· Have a tertiary qualification in social work, counselling, psychology or related discipline (preferred) OR be able to evidence relevant experience/passion for this mahi.
· Be familiar with working in culturally diverse environments and with Te Tiriti O Waitangi.
· Be proactive and have good time management and computer skills.
· Manage a busy caseload and the associated administrative requirements.
What’s in it for you?
Family Works values their staff, and as such we offer flexibility in the workplace, allowing us to make arrangements about working conditions that suit you. This helps our staff to maintain a good work / life balance. Family Works are also a part of the pay equity agreement, which when implemented will recognise social workers right across the system. While this is a full-time position, at Family Works we are open to flexible work options being:
· flexible start and finish times
· fulltime work
· job sharing
How to Apply:
PLEASE APPLY VIA OUR WEBSITE: https://psc.qjumpersjobs.co/
If you would like further information, contact Madeleine Casserly, Non-Violence Programme Lead on 021980985, or get in touch via email to: email@example.com. Interviews will take place immediately for well suited applicants.
Only those with the legal right to work in NZ may apply. Candidates should expect to undergo police vetting for this role and Family Works may need to contact our key stakeholders such as Ministry of Social Development or Ministry of Justice to ensure that there is no conflict of interest between the candidate and the organisation.
Applications closes the 25th of February 2023