The Universal College of Learning is a government-funded Institute of Technology, with four campuses in Palmerston North, Whanganui, Masterton and Levin. It meets the needs of local communities and industry by providing tertiary level training to over 6,000 students each year through a wide range of programmes from entry level certificates and foundation courses to diplomas, degrees and opportunities in post graduate study.
At UCOL we embrace diversity, talent and performance, and provide our staff with an extensive range of opportunities to develop intellectually, professionally and personally.
We are seeking an Executive Assistant to work as part of the Office of the Chief Executive team, providing proactive, responsive and confidential executive assistance services to the Chief Financial Officer.
You will be well-known for your ability to multi-task, your organisation skills together with an impeccable attention to detail. Problem solving and logistics around meetings and events will come naturally to you, as you will be an excellent communicator who can liaise and co-operate with colleagues and key stakeholders to achieve this. You will be an astute individual who can support and balance competing priorities for the Chief Financial Officer whilst keeping a positive, professional attitude through the busy times ahead.
Some key responsibilities of the role include:
· Managing the diary for the Chief Financial Officer to ensure schedules and workload operate effectively.
· Ensuring administration needs are being met. Undertaking such other administrative tasks as the Chief Financial Officer to ensure the smooth running of the business unit.
· Coordinating, compiling and producing reports and statistics using databases and spread sheets as necessary.
· Organising workshops, conferences and other meetings/functions; handling the administrative side of meetings, teleconferences and seminars etc. held on behalf of the Chief Financial Officer.
· Processing of purchase orders, invoices and journals.
· Assisting the Chief Financial Officer with budgetary forecasting.
The ideal candidate will possess:
· A professional and customer focused approach to work (essential).
· Experience transcribing meetings.
· Ability to work co-operatively, confidentially and discreetly.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, together with the ability to define and articulate information.
· User of the Microsoft Office suite of products.
· Able to give a high level of attention to detail.
· Ability to work in a team environment (essential).
· A relevant Tertiary qualification an advantage.
If this sounds like you, please apply today and don't miss this opportunity.