About the Job
WALSH Trust Employment Service has a vacancy suitable for high achievers and self-driven individuals to join our team to support our job seekers. This role is offered on a full-time permanent capacity, reporting to a Service Manager. In this role you will prepare job seekers for employment and:
• Engage and motivate participants through effective case management techniques;
• Assess complex barriers to employment, planning support and interventions;
• Actively market participants to potential employers, including cold calling and employer networking;
• Liaise with medical professionals, Work and Income NZ and community agencies on behalf of participants;
• Refer participants to internal/external specialised support services;
• Provide Post Placement Support to placed participants and provide intervention when required to support ongoing employment; and
• Maintain contractual requirements, update or maintain internal system.
We are looking for a high performing individual with a proven track record of exceeding KPI’s in the Mental Health Employment Services or Employment Services industry. Your strong case management skills will be complemented by your outstanding employer networking and marketing skills, and:
• Ability to effectively communicate and build rapport with participants and employers;
• Experience working with job seekers with mental health and complex barriers to employment;
• Demonstrated ability to work with competing priorities;
• Intermediate skills in the use of the Microsoft Office computing package;
• Ability to implement strategies to achieve targets in a set timeframe;
• Proficiency in negotiating a difficult situation and conflict resolution skills.
• Eligible to work in New Zealand
• Current full NZ drivers licence
• Criminal history check
We can offer you a challenging career in our employment services where you can contribute positively to employment outcomes for people. We will provide you with a positive, dynamic and stimulating working environment that offers training opportunities and support to achieve.
Applicants for this position should have an entitlement to work in New Zealand. WALSH Trust conducts Police vetting checks for all successful candidates. Under the requirements of the Vulnerable Children’s Act 2014, new candidates that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process. For current employees these checks are repeated every three years. WALSH Trust is an equal opportunity employer and supports a smoke free environment.
Salary on application.