McKay operates a maintenance contract for Electrical and Instrumentation for OJI Fibre Solutions on the Kinleith and Tasman Mill locations. We are looking for an experienced dual trade technician and industrial electricians to join our team. Successful applicants will get the opportunity to undertake a wide variety of both installation and maintenance work for a variety of clients and sites including the Oji Kinleith mill site in Tokoroa.
Tokoroa is centrally based in South Waikato. The area has easy access to coastal beaches, lakes & mountains giving our employees and their families the opportunity to enjoy an outdoor lifestyle. The site is an easy commute from Tauranga, Rotorua or Taupo. Escape the pressures of expensive living and explore the opportunities that South Waikato has to offer.
You will be responsible for the electrical installation, maintenance and testing of electrical equipment and systems on site and the installation, maintenance and testing of instrumentation equipment and systems on site.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Ensure all electrical, maintenance and testing is carried out to the highest standards of safety, quality and service.
· Ensure all instrumentation maintenance work and testing is carried out to the highest standards of safety, quality and service.
· Liaise with supervisor and planners to ensure work targets achieved.
· Ensure all relevant documentation is completed accurately and on time.
· Provide input into assessing apprentice’s training needs as appropriate.
· Compliance with McKay’s H&S policy and procedures.
· Be engaged in providing feedback and undertaking maintenance delivery improvements
To be successful in this role you will have:
· Industrial Instrumentation Trade Certificate or National Certificate in Industrial Measurement and Control Level 4
· Trade Certificate or National Certificate in Electrical Engineering Level 4
· Current full electrical registration and practicing license
· A minimum of five years’ experience in heavy plant, ideally pulp and paper
· Hazardous area installation and maintenance experience desirable.
If you wish to apply for this position then please submit your application online through this site with your CV, covering letter and any supporting documentation.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand either as a New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or have a work permit.