Smith & McKenzie judged Best Restaurant & Supreme Overall Winner by Hospitality New Zealand is a multi faceted, fast paced premium steakhouse in Chartwell, Hamilton and is part of the Good George Hospitality Group. We are market leaders in our industry with a passion for excellence.
* Judged Best Restaurant in New Zealand
* Sound Business Philosophies
* Great Team Culture
We specialise in producing the highest quality food with an emphasis on meat & steak dishes. We focus on using the freshest, best quality produce available and we are looking for a motivated person who will exceed expectations.
Smith and McKenzie are on the hunt for an outstanding chef. Either a duty chef or a Senior Chef de partie who is passionate about food and people and keen to take this position to the next level. We’re looking for a superstar to join our small team. Whilst this role is advertised as a “Duty Chef / Senior Chef de partie” the successful applicant will need to be a bit of a jack of all trades (yes, I’m aware of how cliché this is). Your experience will not guarantee success in this role so I’m looking for a person, not a CV.
The successful applicant will be capable of maintaining our standards to the highest quality that our customers expect from Smith & McKenzie. Previous experience is essential along with excellent communication and the ability to lead by example with a great attitude.
I’m looking for someone who’s passionate about helping people have the best experience possible. One of your primary characteristics is your willingness to learn and develop; and someone who’s happy to get stuck in and do the hard yards that are needed to ensure everyone leaves Smith and McKenize happy.
Unfortunately, I do have some pre-requisites for this role. These are:
- Not afraid of some hard work (getting stuck in is part of all of our roles)
- At least 2 year’s experience in a fast paced kitchen
- This role will involve working nights and weekends consistently. Please don't apply unless you're comfortable doing nights/weekends going forward.
- Previous kitchen experience at CDP level.
- A passion for good food.
- Great communication skills.
- Enjoy learning, progressing and working as part of a team.
- A professional attitude and great personal presentation.
- NZ Level 4 or 5 Diploma in Cookery qualification.
- A current & valid visa to work in NZ / or be a NZ resident or citizen.
Some extra perks of the role:
- Supportive leadership that wants to help
- Flexibility within the roster to have a life
- Discounted food & drink from the Good George Hospitality Group venues
Thanks for reading to the end, and I look forward to hearing from those interested!