Contract: Permanent, Part Time - 2 positions available
Hours of Work:
Position 1: 16 hours per week, Sunday and Monday
Position 2: 8 hours per week, Sunday
Location: SPCA Nelson Centre
The SPCA Nelson Centre is looking for an energetic Customer Service and Centre Support who enjoys working with a wide variety of people to provide excellent customer service and positive animal welfare outcomes.
This is a busy role, where no two days will be the same, the successful candidate will need to be self-motivated, technologically savvy, energetic, passionate about providing positive welfare outcomes for animals and show a high level of initiative.
As customer service is a focus, the successful candidate will need to be a people person and be able to relate and communicate effectively to a wide range of people. Problem solving is also an important aspect to this role and so a can-do and 'think outside the box' mind-set is a must.
This role also supports the animal care and foster side of the Centre, so a willingness to be able to work with a wide range of animals is key.
Our ideal candidate will have:
· Customer Service experience
· High level of verbal and written communication
· Be technologically savvy – have sound computer skills including the use of e-mail, internet and Microsoft Office applications
· Effective time management skills, organisation and planning abilities
· Be supportive, empathetic and resilient.
· Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare.
· Be a quick thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking and meeting deadlines.
· Experience and or a passion to learn about animal care, handling, behaviour, enrichment and welfare.
· Good interpersonal skills – ability to build rapport with employees, volunteers, other stakeholders and suppliers.
· Professional in approach, open and engaging in manner
· Ability to work effectively without supervision
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Please note on your application which position you are applying for.
Applications close 5pm, Sunday 23rd May 2021.