Te Taiwhenua o Heretaunga (TToH) is looking for an experience Cultural Support Worker to work in our kaupapa Maori Children’s Residential Care Service to provide support to our Whare Matua (House Parents) and our tamariki and rangatahi in our care.
TToH is a Ngāti Kahungunu mandated, kaupapa Maori values-based health and social services organisation providing services to our community along the East Coast of the North Island, from Mahia to Rimutaka. Our health, social, education and community development teams have been working successfully with whanau for over 35 years.
Our new Residential Care Service is a 24 hours /7 days a week, managed home to provide young people with the day to day aroha, care, stability, structure, social and cultural wellbeing they need,
Reporting to the TToH Team Manager/Social Worker, the Cultural Support Worker will provide support to the Whare Matua (House Parents) to apply the Te Ao Maori world view and tikanga practises in the way they care for the tamariki and rangatahi entrusted to the residential home.
The Cultural Support Worker will also be available to the tamarki to encourage, explore and understand their cultural connections with their wider whanau, hapu and iwi and to know that they are special, valued and important.
Suitable applicants will have:
- Previous experience or employment in youth or cares support, especially with tamariki who have lived in high stress, traumatic home environments
- Fluent in Te Reo Māori and tikanga practises
- Knowledge of Te Whare Tapa Wha assessment, planning and interventions and whānau-centred approaches
- Connections with local iwi and marae
- A passion and lots of aroha and patience for tamariki and Rangatahi
- The ability to easily connect and listen to young people while maintaining appropriate boundaries
- A clean, full, current Drivers’ license
If you have the experience and qualities we are looking for – please apply TODAY!
Please include a Covering letter, CV and completed TToH Application form with your application
Suitable applicants will be subject to Police Vetting, Safety Checking and CYRAS Checks.
This is a part-time permanent position (up to 20 hours per week)
Applications close: Monday 4th October 2021