‘Māori ora ki te Mana Māori – Strong Whānau, Vibrant Communities’
Te Taiwhenua o Heretaunga (TToH) is a Ngāti Kahungunu mandated, kaupapa Maori values-based health and social services organisation providing services to our community along the East Coast of the North Island, from Mahia to Rimutaka. Our health, social, education and community development teams have been working successfully with whanau for over 35 years. Our Whakakitenga (Vision) is ‘Te Haaro o te Kahu ki Tauwhakarere – The Hawk sees beyond the horizon to our future’.
We are looking for a Contracts and Business Development Specialist to be part of our Business Growth and Design team. This is a new role in a small, but growing team whose purpose is to access funding and develop new products and services that lead to sustainable growth and result in whanau wellbeing.
We are looking for someone who has a passion advancing Maori development and who has a commitment to Kaupapa Māori Health & Social Services provisions.
Reporting to the Pouwhakahaere Ahei (GM BGD), your main responsibilities will be to:
- Maintain oversight of contracts, contract performance and compliance ensuring a smooth, streamlined contractual lifecycle that optimises commercial performance.
- Identify and obtain viable new business opportunities that generate new revenue and support sustainable business growth.
We are looking for applicants with:
- A tertiary qualification or studying towards in a qualification in Business Management Development, Economics, Finance, Marketing or similar area
- And / Or extensive experience working in a kaupapa Māori Heath and Social Services or an associated field
Ideal applicants will also have:
- A track record of success in contract management
- A deep understanding of contracts, contract governance, contractual language and contract life cycle
- Demonstrated ability and experience in the development of an organisational business growth strategy and action plan delivery
- Experience identifying and securing new viable income streams and oversee bid processes to maximise income and profit opportunities.
The personal qualities we are looking for are:
- A passion for contracts management and business development approaches that advance Māori development.
- Commitment to Mā Māori, Mo Māori, Kia Māori Kaupapa Māori health and social service provision quality.
- Strong customer and whānau focus and dedicated to meeting customer and whānau expectations.
- Creative and strategic thinker with exceptional attention to detail
- A high level of communication, negotiation, interpersonal, stakeholder management skills
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to research and understand legal and financial implications
- Superior business proposal writing skills
- Self-motivated, self-directed and performance driven team player.
This role is a permanent, full time position, Mon to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm. The role commences on Tuesday 6th April 2021 with a Pohiri and TToH Induction day or earlier if possible.
If you have the qualifications and/or skills and experience and personal qualities we are looking for, then please nau mai, piki mai, kake mai – PLEASE APPLY TODAY !
Applications close: now extended to Monday 15thMarch 2021