About the company
The Co-operative Bank is a different kind of bank. We’re here to change banking for good.
Since 1928, our customers have been at the heart of everything we do, and we’re focused on helping New Zealander’s get ahead financially.
Whether it’s help from one of our friendly teams, or a seamless experience with one of our digital solutions, we’ve got our customers covered. To top it off, we’re the only bank in New Zealand that shares its profits with its customers. It’s all part of the co-operative difference.
Here, no two days are the same. Our people are empowered to innovate, share ideas and let our skills take us in unexpected and exciting directions. But most importantly, we can be ourselves at work, we have fun but still get things done.
About the role
As a Consultant, you’ll play a key role in growing our bank, with exceptional customer service as your core focus. You’ll use your good judgement to provide the right solutions for current and prospective customers, assisting them with their everyday banking needs, including deposits, withdrawals, personal lending and taking other opportunities to deepen customer relationships with your knowledge of our products and services.
This is a part time role of 20 hours per week, across a Monday to Friday period.
Because The Co-operative Bank is owned by our customers, everything we do, every day, is for their benefit.
· Build strong relationships with customers and your team
· Contribute to achievement of branch goals
· Recommend appropriate banking solutions for customers, including processing and assessing credit applications.
Skills and experience
· Excel in customer service
· Effective and professional communication skills
· Accuracy and strong attention to detail
· Ability to multitask and handle unplanned interruptions
· Proven sales experience, ideally from working in a bank.
Our workplace is one where we bring our experiences, background and perspectives together to collaborate and achieve great things, rocking the banking world as we go. We’re ready. Are you?
Applications close 22 January 2021