MASH provides a wide range of support services for people with Mental Health, Intellectual or Physical Disability or Illness, alcohol and addiction and youth respite care, we have an opportunity available in our Intellectual or Physical Disability service currently.
These services are offered either at the residential homes we support, or people who require support in their own homes, or in the community.
MASH operates throughout the lower North Island in the Wellington, Kapiti, Horowhenua, Palmerston North and Hawkes Bay regions.
MASH Trust’s Physical & Intellectual Disabilities services provide 24 hour a day staffed supported accommodation, located in an urban setting. Staff are highly trained and our consumers range from 15 to 65 years of age.
As a Community Support Worker you will be supporting clients by maintaining a high quality of life, a quality home environment, and encouraging full participation in all aspects of community daily life.
What can we offer you?
We have 2 different Part Time positions available within our Lower Hutt Disability team. There may be the opportunity to pick up extra shifts on a casual basis for the right candidate. These roles are available immediately.
working 20 hours per fortnight:
Week 1 - Thursday and Sunday 3pm to 8pm,
Week 2 - Friday and Sunday 3pm to 8pm.
working 24 hours per fortnight:
Week 1 - Saturday and Sunday 3.15pm to 11.15pm,
Week 2 - Thursday 3.15pm to 11.15pm,
You will have/be:
· A desire to learn and grow within your role.
· Open to personal cares such as - assisting with showering, dressing and getting our consumers in and out of bed.
· Hold a current full drivers licence and have reliable transport
· Wanting flexibility with hours of work and not interested in a standard nine-to-five.
· The ability to take pride in a healthy home environment – including cleaning, meal preparation and shopping.
· Eligible to work in New Zealand with a minimum of six months on Visa.
· Caring and Kind in nature with integrity that can provide support to those from all walks of life.