MASH provides a wide range of support services for people with Mental Health, Intellectual or Physical Disability or Illness, alcohol and addiction and youth respite care
These services are offered either at the residential homes we support, or people who require support in their own homes, or in the community.
MASH operates throughout the lower North Island in the Wellington, Kapiti, Horowhenua, Palmerston North and Hawkes Bay regions.
MASH Trust’s Physical & Intellectual Disabilities services provide 24 hour a day staffed supported accommodation, located in an urban setting. Staff are highly trained and our consumers range from 15 to 65 years of age.
As a Community Support Worker you will be supporting clients by maintaining a high quality of life, a quality home environment, and encouraging full participation in all aspects of community daily life.
We have a part time position consisting of 16 hours per fortnight available, however there is the possibility of picking up additional shifts on a casual basis if desired.
Week 1: no set shifts
Week 2: Saturday & Sunday 1430 - 2300
This position is available immediately for the right candidate.
What can we offer you?
· An excellent working environment
· Rewarding work
· Extensive ongoing training opportunities
First Aid Course
And other learning and development opportunities in your chosen field
· Excellent overtime allowances & a minimum starting rate of $20.50 per hour
· Career growth and advancement
You will have/be:
· A desire to learn and grow within your role.
· Open to personal cares such as - assisting with showering, dressing and getting our consumers in and out of bed.
· Hold a current full drivers licence and have reliable transport
· Wanting flexibility with hours of work and not interested in a standard nine-to-five.
· The ability to take pride in a healthy home environment – including cleaning, meal preparation and shopping.
· Eligible to work in New Zealand with a minimum of six months on Visa.
· Caring and Kind in nature with integrity that can provide support to those from all walks of life.