Community Connector - Fixed term contract
He kōrero mō te tūranga - The role
The Community Connector will work with government and community-based stakeholders to support the COVID-19 response and recovery efforts to vulnerable people from culturally and diverse backgrounds. This role will coordinate, advise and facilitate access to available support with an emphasis on those who are self-isolating. Our Community Connection Service is based at our Whānau Centre and provides an essential link between whānau and the wider community. This link reaches into the services of Visionwest and beyond into collaboration and connection with many other service providers and groups. Our Community Connection Service focuses on welfare and wellbeing in line with the Government’s Covid-19 Care in the Community Framework.
Ka hoki koe - You will also:
- Facilitate connections and provide support to individuals and whanau
- Focus on the Wellbeing needs of those who are Self-Isolating
- To ensure whānau have timely access to MSD services that will support them
- Liaise with community and government organisations to proactively share information about service availability and changes within the sector
- Promote the coordination of support services across all parts of the sector in West Auckland
- Collaborate with local service providers, attend relevant community and health network meetings
- Set up, monitor and update provider databases for Whānau Services, sharing with other services of Visionwest
Ka hiahia koe - You will need:
- 3-5 years of community development experience
- Relevant qualification in a social services sector discipline or equivalent
- An understanding of the functions and operations of Work and Income Community Link offices
- Experience in facilitating community collaborations across multiple providers
- An understanding of the importance of Kaupapa Māori in the practice of NGO’s working in the social service sector.
- Experience of working within communities with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Experience in the Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook and Teams
Ka whiwhi koe-You will receive:
- Opportunity to develop in a growing team
- Opportunity to assist with the design of solutions for our Ranagtahi
- If you live in West Auckland, the opportunity of working closer to home
- Thorough induction and onboarding
- A cohesive and supportive team environment
- The chance to further your social work experience within a large organisation
VisionWest Community Trust is a faith based award-winning, not-for-profit organisation, that provides a range of services to communities in Auckland, Bay of Plenty, Waikato and Christchurch.
Manaakitanga (Holistic Care)
Whanaungatanga (Authentic Relationships)
A commitment to the vision, mission and values of VisionWest Community Trust is essential for this position, see www.VisionWest.org.nz/about-us
If this role appeals to you, then please apply now!