An exciting opportunity to join our dedicated team as a Permanent Full Time Clinical Services Manager has arisen at Broadview Lifecare, Whanganui.
We are Heritage
At Heritage Lifecare, we provide residential aged care services and facilities throughout New Zealand to over 2,500 people. As a trusted aged care provider, our successful growth has stemmed from the ability to nurture and grow environments that feel like home – promoting inclusion, interaction and strong community values. Respecting individuals, both residents and staff, is the foundation stone on which Heritage Lifecare has been built.
Why work anywhere else
Broadview Lifecare is a 85-bed care home and hospital with a 27-unit village situated in a rural setting. We provide care to five service levels (inclusive of a Mental Health Recovery unit), which is a unique service providing greater learning opportunities for staff. We are located in the riverside city of Whanganui, which is an exciting place to work, live and raise a family. There’s a beautiful river on your doorstep, outdoor pursuits, few traffic woes, affordable housing, and many great amenities - including arts and renowned education facilities. Why would you want to work anywhere else?
As the Clinical Services Manager, you will work closely with the facility manager to ensure its effective management of the facility and be responsible for providing high level clinical leadership and support. You will monitor the provision of clinical care to residents and ensure the highest standards are maintained.
· Provide best practice in clinical leadership for our staff
· Deliver continuous quality improvement and best practice
· Co-ordinate services with allied health professionals
· Be an enthusiastic and passionate team player
· Have a current NZ annual practising certificate
· From time to time you may be required to relieve as a Registered Nurse to ensure that the Facility has the appropriate level of clinical cover
· Experience in leading and managing staff
· Substantial experience in the aged care facility
· 3-4 years post registration experience
· The skills and experience to lead, direct and continually evaluate the clinical services within the facility
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Sound management, analytical and decision-making skills
· InterRai training, E-case and medimap experience
· Knowledge of the health and disability sector standards and the ability to manage a robust quality system
· Excellent time management skills
If you want to work for one of New Zealand’s largest and most progressive aged care employers, we would like to hear from you.
We review applications once received. Hence, interviews could take place before the closing date of this advertisement. If this role appeals to you, we would like to hear from you as soon as possible to increase your chance of an interview.