Te Taiwhenua o Heretaunga (TToH) is looking for an experienced, registered Child Psychologist to be part of a new service that is starting in partnership with Oranga Tamariki (OT).
OT is working in partnership with TToH to manage their Residential Care Services for tamariki.
TToH is a Ngāti Kahungunu mandated , kaupapa Maori values-based health and social services organisation providing services to our community along the East Coast of the North Island, from Mahia to Rimutaka. Our health, social, education and community development teams have been working successfully with whanau for over 35 years.
The Residential Care Service for tamariki will be managed by TToH and will be run with a Te Ao Maori focus and according to TToH Te Amorangi Cultural Leadership Pillars - Te Toitumanako, Te Toi Huarewa and Te Toiwairoa and the TToH values of Kotahitanga, Whanaungatanga, Kaitiakitanga and Whakamana, to achieve the best outcomes for tamariki.
The Residential Care service offers tamariki up to 4 weeks temporary stay while TToH and OT work with the tamariki and their whanau to decide the best outcome for them.
Your role as a Child Psychologist is to work with the tamariki, the whanau and the OT Key worker to assess the best outcomes for their tamariki.
You will be supported in your role by the Whare Matua/House Parents who will run the 24 hours/7 days residential care service and the TToH Team Manager/Social worker for the residential care service and the kairangaranga.
Your key responsibilities are to provide:
· Psychological and therapeutic assessments and specialist interventions
· Evidence based intervention tools with a Te Ao Maori world view and tikanga
· Completing comprehensive parenting assessment work, DBT, PCIT and programmes with a Te Ao Maori focus
· Working with the House Parents/Whare Matua and Social Worker to provide clinical advice and assistance with behaviour and parenting strategies
Suitable applicants will:
· Be a registered Psychologist with the New Zealand Psychologists Board with a current annual practicing certificate
· Have proven work experience as a Psychologist with tamariki, rangitahi and whanu
· Demonstrate a good understanding and knowledge of Te Reo Maori and tikanga practices
· Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Display strong engagement and relationship building skills
· Be solutions focused and able to work collaboratively with the respective parties to achieve the best interests of the tamariki
· Demonstrate empathy, patience, sound judgement and organisational skills
· Have the ability to manage risk and make difficult decisions
· Be able to discern and unpack complex situations
· Have an understanding of the Oranga Tamariki Act
· Have a current, Clean, Full Drivers’ license
This is a part-time, permanent position (20 hours a week). These hours will be flexible around the needs and activities of the young people in the home. This role may also suit a registered Child Psychologist who would like to work on a contractor basis.
If you have the qualification, current registration, skills and experience we are looking for and you are committed to practising in a way that compliments our kaupapa Maori values and practise – please apply TODAY!
Please include a Covering letter, CV and completed TToH Application form with your application
Applications close: Monday 8th March 2021