Chief Financial Officer
About the role
To ensure that the Mission is well managed financially and all statutory, company and governance obligations, with respect to the its assets and finances, are met. To provide specialist financial advice, analysis and information to support the CEO, Senior Leadership, managers and the Board so that the Mission is able to deliver best value for the people it serves. To ensure a strong commercial perspective is included in the decision making of the Board and Senior Leadership.
- Participate in the leadership of the organisation including role modelling a culture that embeds the Mission’s values of Manaakitanga, Atawhai, Rangapū and Manatika/Mana Orite and demonstrates through actions commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Contribute to building a strong collaborative leadership team that ensures decision making is well informed, timely and rigorous, performance is well managed, and the organisation is well lead.
- Collaborate with the CEO and GM Brand, Income & Innovation to ensure the Mission has the income required to deliver on its services, including contracts for services, fundraising activities and innovative income generating activities.
- Build effective relationships with external financial parties including Banks, external auditors ensuring the audit process is managed effectively.
- Provide sound financial advice and support to the CEO, Senior Leadership, managers and the Board.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience of leadership in a similar role for 3 – 5 years, relevant registration and qualifications, Chartered Accounting or relevant body membership, time spent working in “not for profit” would be an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of all legal and regulatory requirements and governance protocols.
- Ability to build sound and effective relationships with the Finance team that ensures continuous improvement and drives a high performing team.
- Empathy and understanding of issues of trauma, mental health, addiction, poverty and homelessness. And a commitment to embodying the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi in organisational practice.
- Excellent collaboration and partnering skills, with aptitude for getting things done through both formal and informal channels.
- Highly respected Community organisation
- Transformational role
- Passionate and committed leadership team
About the organisation
Auckland City Mission - Te Tāpui Atawhai supports Aucklanders in greatest need. Our services have evolved as the city’s social needs have done and we respond to these needs with care and compassion while advocating for a reality where there are: enough suitable homes, enough money for nutritious food and easily accessible health care for all. Since our doors opened more than 100 years ago, this has been our ‘why’. We offer support for however long and in whatever way needed – for some people that’s simply accessing one of our many services, for others that’s a complex journey with our full support.
If you are interested in this role please apply with your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in the role and Auckland City Mission.