Poronui is a Member of the Luxury Lodges of New Zealand nestled in the wilderness of the secluded Taharua Valley 35 minutes from Taupo.
Our Vision is to provide all our guests with a unique 5 star experience and aim for the highest standards in all aspects of our guests stay.
Our busy property is looking for an experienced, forward thinking Chef who is passionate about culinary arts and hospitality to join our team. You will work with the head chef to grow our food repertoire and create a unique experience for our guests.
In this position you will be responsible for the kitchens and preparing meals in our 4 unique locations each with its own style of dining - from Luxe Camping to our underground Wine Cellar
The attributes & qualities you will have are -
· personable and friendly (We operate our open kitchens with people at the pass engaging with our Chefs)
· a passion about great food & culinary trends
· attention to detail when plating
· an interest in home style baking
· experienced with a good work history (Training is provided for certain jobs)
· flexible quickly picking up new techniques and styles with our changing menus through the seasons
· natural leadership skills coping well with change
· a team player – with a focus of working with the whole team until the job is complete
· happy to spend Christmas, New Year and Public Holidays with the team working during the busy period
Our chefs focus on all aspects of food at Poronui from breakfast to dinner including lunches, Canapes, home baking, and afternoon teas and we expect the same level of passion for whatever is produced.
The position is rostered hours on a season fixed term contract starting November through to April 30th, 2020. Candidates for this position require a current full driving license, vehicle, New Zealand residency or a current work permit.
Excellent remuneration based on experience – along with a $35.00 per workday travel allowance if required more than 35 kilometers from Poronui.
For any questions please contact Claire Hall, Lodge Assistant Manager– Phone 07 384 2080