Contract: Permanent, Part Time
Hours of work will be: 20 hours per week, Friday, Saturday 8.30am to 4.00pm and Sunday 8.30am to 3.00pm
Location: SPCA Tauranga Centre
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
We are seeking a Centre Support / Animal Attendant who can help our Tauranga centre achieve the best outcomes for the animals under our care. The Centre Support / Animal Attendant is responsible for dealing with general enquiries/ reception duties, managing adoptions, and taking care of the animals in the SPCA centre, including feeding, cleaning, administering medication, monitoring animal health and behaviour, coordinating volunteers working in the animal areas.
As the ideal candidate for this position, you will have previous experience working with animals, and ideally hold an animal care or veterinary nursing qualification.
Our ideal candidate will:
· Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations & a friendly and positive attitude.
· Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare.
· Be a quick thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking
· Have practical animal-handling experience and knowledge.
· Have a flexible approach to the hours of work, and be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
· Have excellent computer skills.
· Demonstrate empathy and resilience
· Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close Wednesday 28th October 2020.