Contract: Permanent, full-time role
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Location: SPCA Centre Hamilton
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced manager to manage the day to day running of our SPCA Centre in Hamilton
Key Responsibilities and Purpose of the role:
· Managing all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Centre including timely, legal and transparent management of staff.
· Ensuring a safe and supportive working environment where staff and volunteers are led to carry out their duties efficiently and effectively
· Promotes unity by developing and maintaining strong relationships with other SPCA Centres
· Develop and maintain community relationships and the local reputation of the SPCA brand.
· Ensuring compliance with all statutory and legal obligations of the Centre and adherence with all established guidelines, protocols and policies.
· Ensuring that animal welfare is always a primary consideration, and all animals under the responsibility of SPCA Hamilton are cared for appropriately
· Proactively managing and embedding a culture of Health & Safety
What we can offer you
· An opportunity to make an actual difference for New Zealand’s animals
· A chance to work with highly passionate people
What we need from you
· Proven experience in management, including effective management of staff.
· Practical animal-handling experience and knowledge.
· The ability to work to a budget, meet deadlines and achieve targets.
· Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude.
· Have previous experience working in a similar role
· Have practical animal-handling experience and knowledge.
· Have a flexible approach to the hours of work, and be able to prioritize and effectively manage workloads.
· Have excellent computer skills.
· Demonstrate empathy and resilience
· Have a full and current NZ driver’s license and the ability to confidently drive both manual and automatic vehicles.
· Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
Who we are
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close on Wednesday 7th October 2020.