At Wellington Zoo, we are the Zoo with the biggest heart: a creative, innovative and progressive zoo. We are a team of powerfully passionate individuals who are champions for the welfare of all animals - within and beyond the boundaries of the Zoo. We are guided by our kaupapa, “Me Tiaki, Kia Ora!” We must look after our environment, so all things will flourish.
About the role-
We have vacancies in our Sales and Service Team for two Casual Visitor Advisors. If you are happy to work weekdays, weekends, statutory holidays, the odd evening and be contacted at short notice then this could be the job for you!
If you are someone who loves to engage with visitors, has infectious energy, drive and enthusiasm then read on!
As a charitable trust, Wellington Zoo needs to build its revenue and these roles are pivotal to help us grow and achieve our goals. This role requires a Zoo wide organisational focus, the ability to support and motivate other staff and the capability to inspire our visitors who come to the Zoo to want to come back and do more.
What we’re looking for in an applicant-
· specialist expertise and knowledge in sales, bookings or retail operations
· ability to set up and pack down venues for functions and meetings
· a proven track record in sales and service including, but not limited to proactive sales of products and solution sales (matching solution to client need)
· a friendly, approachable demeanour and demonstrated evidence of the ability to go the extra mile for customers
· an interest in conservation and the work of the Zoo
What we’re offering as an employer-
· The opportunity to be part of a passionate and committed team that is dedicated to animal welfare, sustainability initiatives, community engagement and conservation outcomes.
· An exciting and varied place to work.
· Allocation of Zoo passes that can be shared with family and friends.
· Zoo product discounts.
· The ability to walk around and enjoy the Zoo every day.
· Annual flu vaccinations.
For more information on this vacancy please download the Job Description. To submit your application, click ‘Apply for this job’ to direct you to our application site. To find out more about Wellington Zoo please visit https://wellingtonzoo.com
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
Applications must be received by close of business Friday 30th October 2020