· Do you enjoy working outdoors and don’t mind physical work?
· Can you work a variety of hours including nights and weekends?
· Are you a team player, ready to help out as and when required?
We are seeking applications from reliable, hardworking individuals interested in being part of our Picton based Stevedoring team in the loading of log vessels at Shakespeare Bay. We are a 24/7 operation with shifts commencing at any time of the day or night.
As a casual the work is irregular, with no set shifts and is best suited to individuals seeking part-time or occasional work which can fit around their other responsibilities.
To be considered, you will:
· Be a team player with a positive attitude
· Have a genuine commitment to health and safety
· Be physically fit and able
· Be able to work flexible hours including nights and weekends
Previous experience in an operational or stevedoring environment, working in or around heavy plant (forklifts, cranes, diggers) would be an advantage.
We offer a highly competitive hourly rate and for the right candidates there are opportunities to train, up-skill and build a real career in Ports and Stevedoring.
At Port Nelson Ltd, irrespective of our positions, we all strive to uphold our “ASPIRE” values: Accountability, Safety, Passion, Integrity/honesty, Respect and Excellence.
Please be aware that all new employees becoming part of the border workforce, specifically those commencing in port-side roles covered by the current Public Health Order (PHO), must have had at least their first vaccination dosage BEFORE starting work with Port Nelson. The second vaccination must be administered within 35 days of the first. Consequently, if you are offered a role covered by this PHO, you will be entitled to receive a priority vaccination.
We operate a drug and alcohol-testing programme.