At Bupa, we’re continually looking for caring, team-focused Kitchen Assistants with all levels of experience to join our Bupa Casual Team. Our Care Homes and Villages are always busy, so we have casual work available all over Auckland. This is an opportunity to work in an incredibly rewarding environment, maintaining a clean and tidy kitchen and providing great food to our much-loved residents.
We’re looking for:
· Enthusiasm, strong attention to detail, and the desire to always deliver high standards.
· Experience in a kitchen environment and experience in an elderly care setting would be advantageous.
· Team players with caring, mature outlooks.
· Individuals with reliable transport / travel arrangements.
Working for the Bupa Casual Team – how does it work?
As a casual employee, you’re in control of your working week and what days/hours you work. It’s super simple – you’re alerted when a shift is available, and you book in if you want to work it.
· Earn on your schedule – work when it suits you; choose shifts around what matters most.
· Get support & development - it’s a supportive environment at Bupa & there’s a Bupa Causal Team to support you.
· Get paid regularly – it’s causal work, but you can rely on being paid for your hours worked fortnightly.
So, why work for Bupa?
· Competitive rates of pay – weekend/public holiday rates, as well as night duty allowances.
· A safe, supportive environment that encourages diversity and inclusiveness.
· An employee led health and wellbeing programme, & reward and recognition programmes.
At our heart, we're a people company. Housekeepers/Cleaners love working for Bupa due to our collaborative, fun culture - and of course our purpose – ‘helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.’. At Bupa, we come to work each day, knowing we’re making a meaningful, positive impact on vulnerable people’s lives.
A full job description is attached.
The NZ Government has mandated that workers in the health and disability sector must receive their first dose of the Pfizer vaccine by 15 November 2021 and their second dose by 1 January 2022. Due to this mandate, we’ll need to collect evidence of your Pfizer vaccinations during our recruitment process.