Deciding which career path to take can be a challenge.
In your role as Careers Advisor and School Engagement at EIT you will:
- Use well tested decision making processes to empower people to make good career path decisions
- Guide students to develop realistic career plans informed by current career development theory and practice
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge and awareness of the full range of EIT Hawke’s Bay programmes including linkages and pathways to higher qualifications.
- Run a series of career awareness seminars on campus in association with EIT schools and local high schools
- Promote service to internal clients as appropriate through the maintenance of information systems and publications.
- Participate in promotional activities such as Careers Expo, Information and Open Days plus secondary school liaison activities as required.
Ideally applicants will have:
- Knowledge of the latest educational developments.
- Experience working in a large organisation
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Qualifications Framework.
In addition formal qualifications in Career Education or counselling and recent experience in the provision of a career service a definite advantage.
Applications close 16 May. For a job description and to apply please click on the link provided.