Job Title: Call Centre Representative
Location: SPCA Mangere Centre (Auckland)
Contract: Permanent, full-time (40 hours per week)
Hours: Monday to Sunday- 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (with two 7 PM finishes in the future).
Rostered day off will either be a Wednesday/ Sunday or Thursday/ Sunday. This will be decided based on the roster.
About the Role
As a Call Centre Representative, you'll play a vital role as we work towards our goal of improving animal welfare throughout New Zealand. You will help our team manage more than 70,000 animal welfare-related calls each year, and you will handle both emergency and non-emergency inquiries. You will be responsible for conducting preliminary investigations into animal welfare issues, providing advice, and escalating information to our Ambulance and Inspectorate teams.
Essentially you will help us ensure sick and injured animals get the help they need!
What We Offer
· The opportunity to make a real difference for New Zealand's animals.
· Great purrrks! including a paid day off for your birthday.
· Comprehensive training and guidance, to ensure you excel in your position.
· The opportunity to thrive in a workplace filled with like-minded, passionate people.
What We Need from You
Our ideal candidate will have:
· Previous experience in a call centre or customer service role.
· Excellent phone etiquette, with exceptional communication and customer service skills.
· A friendly, positive, and professional approach, and the ability to assist callers with empathy and understanding.
· Strong problem-solving and investigation skills (as you will handle a diverse range of animal welfare scenarios).
· Strong computer skills and a reasonable typing speed.
· Efficient and accurate with data entry.
· A genuine love for people, and of course for animals as you'll be their voice and advocate!
Who We Are
SPCA is one of the best-loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Application: Apply now and join us in creating a brighter future for animals in New Zealand! Submit your application with a cover letter explaining why you are the perfect fit for this position. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Make a meaningful impact on animal welfare — apply today!