Smith & McKenzie judged Best Restaurant & Supreme Overall Winner by Hospitality New Zealand is a multi faceted, fast paced premium steakhouse in Chartwell, Hamilton and is part of the Good George Hospitality Group. We are market leaders in our industry with a passion for excellence.
* Judged Best Restaurant in New Zealand
* Sound Business Philosophies
* Great Team Culture
We specialise in producing the highest quality food with emphasis on meat & steak dishes. We focus on using the freshest best quality produce available and we are looking for a motivated person who will exceed expectations.
Smith and McKenzie are on the hunt for an outstanding Bar Manager/Duty Manager who is passionate about all things hospitality and keen to take this position to the next level.
The successful applicant will be capable of maintaining our standards to the highest quality that our customers expect from Smith & McKenzie. Previous experience is essential along with excellent communication and the ability to lead by example with a great attitude.
We want passionate, confident and motivated individuals. If you love people, love providing excellent customer service and have sound food and drinks knowledge then we want YOU!
We’re looking for a superstar to join our small team. Whilst this role is advertised as a “Bar Manager/Duty Manager”, the successful applicant will need to be a bit of a jack of all trades (yes, I’m aware of how cliché this is). Your experience will not guarantee success in this role so I’m looking for a person, not a CV.
I’m looking for someone who’s passionate about helping people have the best experience possible; one of your primary characteristics is your willingness to learn and develop; and someone who’s happy to get stuck in and do the hard yards that are needed to ensure everyone leaves Smith and McKenzie happy.
Unfortunately, I do have some pre-requisites for this role. These are:
- NZ Citizen/ Resident or NZ work visa holder
- A current LCQ and GM’s Cert would be a major positive, but not a necessity
- Not afraid of some hard work (getting stuck in is part of all of our roles)
- This role will involve working nights and weekends consistently. Please don't apply unless you're comfortable doing nights/weekends going forward.
Some extra perks of the role:
- Meals provided when managing and a great team discount
- Supportive leadership that wants to help
- Flexibility within the roster to have a life
- Discounted food & drink at the Good George Hospitality Group venues
Thanks for reading to the end, and I look forward to hearing from those interested!