Academic Staff Member (ASM) – Automotive (Tauranga)
Full Time, Fixed Term (1 Year) 1.0 FTE
Faculty of Primary Industries, Trades and Infrastructure
Toi Ohomai delivers quality vocational education and training to both domestic and international students, across five main campuses in Rotorua, Tauranga, Taupō, Tokoroa and Whakatāne, and 68 delivery sites across the Bay of Plenty and South Waikato. Toi Ohomai is now a subsidiary organisation for Te Pūkenga – New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology and part of a transformational change unifying all 16 Institutes of Technology and Polytechnics across Aotearoa; together with other work-based, provider-based and online learning. Collectively we will be NZ’s largest tertiary education provider with national and regional reach enabling learners and employers to move between workplaces and other educational offerings and between locations as their needs change.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for an Academic Staff Member (ASM) with the Automotive Team (Tauranga) in the Faculty of Primary, Trades and Infrastructure. This role would be subject to student enrolments and would involve teaching on all of our Automotive Engineering programmes. As an ASM within this team you would be required to teach in the classroom, and in our specialised training and commercial workshops. The role would involve tutoring students, research, review, and the updating of resources and classroom materials, setting and marking of assessments and results entry. You would also be responsible for assisting with the recruitment and care of students and actively participating in the Team and Faculty Environment.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
• Delivery of Automotive Engineering programmes
• Providing leadership in student management
• Developing, planning and implementing student assessment, courses and resource material
• Monitoring student progress and results and providing timely and accurate advice and support as required
• Planning and timetabling for the programme as well as assisting with recruitment.
The skills, experience and qualifications required for this role include:
• Qualified Automotive Engineer
• Minimum five years post graduate industry experience
• Adult teaching qualification (preferred)
• Passion for educating the next generation of Automotive Engineers
• Ability to fit into a high-performance team.
To submit an expression of interest for this position please apply by submitting your CV and Cover Letter alongside your online application.
As a responsible employer and education provider, Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable persons and applies relevant policy and practice to meet this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undergo relevant vetting and employment checks.