Aquatic Centre Weekend Shift Supervisor
Part Time, Permanent
At St Cuthbert’s we know girls – we’ve been educating and growing amazing young women for over a century now and our heritage and values are renowned. So are our academic results, but here excellence isn’t just a grade, it’s about encouraging every girl to achieve her personal best.
The College is looking to fill a part-time, permanent position as an Aquatics Centre Weekend Shift Supervisor. This is a vital role in our Aquatic Centre directly linked to supporting the Aquatic Centre Manager and leading the Aquatic Centre staff.
About the role:
A fantastic opportunity for someone experienced in swim school and aquatics, to take on the challenge of maintaining and assisting our Learners Pool programmes and facility. You will get to work with an organisation which sets high standards and strives to continuously improve.
In this challenging part-time role, you will be accountable for a facility operating at weekends. You will need to be able to operate in a fast-paced and varied workplace. Being successful in this service-based environment will require a natural ability to connect with and grow people. You will be responsible for assisting with the management and development of the team. So previous experience and understanding of leadership are essential. Building relationships, seeking opportunities to grow the swim school, pool plant operations, water treatment, administration and building and developing our squad programme.
Alignment with our values is essential to working with us in both offering an exceptional client experience, where we consistently strive to exceed expectations and embrace learning skills for life. Every day brings a new challenge and the opportunity to learn, grow and develop yourself.
Key Tasks Include:
· To provide support and assistance to the aquatics manager and leadership towards swim coaches and teachers.
· To be onsite for the duration of the shifts as allocated.
· To maintain plant room to a reasonable standard.
· To manage rosters for areas as designated (lifeguard, swim school, baby pool rosters)
· To provide high level swim teaching and instruction to all members of the swim school.
· To maintain the aquatic facility to a high standard
· To manage the customers, pool users, spectators as required to ensure the safe operation of the centre
· To uphold the St Cuthbert’s College values “By Love Serve”.
Skills and Experience
- A strong understanding and ability to teach School age swim classes.
- An affinity with teaching/coaching
- Strong communication – written and verbal, ability to present information and articulate plans with a wide variety of audiences.
- Planning, time management and implementation skills
- Work well under pressure, be able to multitask, meet deadlines, solve problems and take the initiative.
- Strong interpersonal skills and capable of building effective relationships with team members, internal teams and customers to gain their trust and respect.
- Results-oriented and self-motivating.
- Shows high levels of initiative, flexibility and adaptability.
- Able to make decisions and think in a focused, analytical, and detailed manner.
- Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member.
- Values and respects other people’s opinions and contributions at every level of the business.
- Honest and ethical with customers and fellow colleagues at all times.
- Adopts and maintains a professional and positive attitude, including standard of dress and demeanor
Closing Date:- Wednesday 8th February 2023