Contract: Permanent part-time role
Hours of work: 20 hours per week
Location: SPCA Centre Masterton
About the role
We are seeking a confident, highly motivated person who can help our centre achieve the best outcomes for the animals under our care.
The Canine Animal Attendant role includes being responsible for assisting with incoming animals and the general care of the animals. This including feeding, cleaning and administering medication, monitoring animal health and behaviour, dealing with enquiries regarding adoptions and coordinating volunteers working in the animal areas.
The successful applicant will also be able to create a friendly and helpful first impression for our customers and suppliers as they contact by phone or step inside our doors and be able to assist with enquiries as required.
What we can offer you
· Making an actual difference to New Zealand’s animals
· Working with highly passionate people
· Job satisfaction from working in a profession that you have a passion for
· Getting involved in the local community with the welfare and education of animals
What we need from you
Our ideal candidate will have:
· Have good interpersonal skills.
· Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to manage stress and handle emotional situations while retaining empathy.
· Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare.
· Be a quick thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking.
· Demonstrated strengths in accuracy, precision and attention to detail.
· Proficient use in MS Word and Outlook.
· The ability to manage confidential information with responsibility and integrity.
· The ability to work in the field which requires a good degree of physical fitness and be comfortable working outside in all weather conditions.
· Have an excellent work ethic.
· A clean Full Driver’s License.
· Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
· Confidence in handling dogs of all sizes, displaying a range of temperaments.
· Having previous cleaning experience and knowledge would be advantageous.
· Having practical animal-handling experience/knowledge and a sound understanding of animal behaviour, partially dogs would be advantageous.
· Previous experience in the animal care/welfare industry would be advantageous.
Who we are
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now! To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close 1st October 2021.