We are looking for an experienced individual to be based at Springhill Correctional Facility (near Hampton Downs) providing after care support for graduates of our Drug Treatment Program. After Care Support within the prison and out in the community will be provided through effective delivery of 1-2-1 and group interventions.
We can offer you:
· A competitive salary and benefits
· Transport support options
· 22 days annual leave
· Learning and development opportunities
· Varied work that supports the community
· A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what we do
· A healthy workplace, which is smoke free
Do you have:
· A relevant health qualification in alcohol and other drugs (AOD), social work, counselling or mental health
· A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) model
· Registration with a professional body or be working towards registration
· Skills in group delivery and individual support interventions
· Motivational interviewing experience
· Experience working in the AOD/mental health field
· Excellent clinical judgement and strong clinical boundaries
· A good understanding of tikanga Maori and its importance within this setting
· Report writing skills and computer proficiency
· An understanding of working in a correctional environment.
· A strong ability to complete informative and up to date records
Odyssey supports people to change their lives through the delivery of high quality, comprehensive community and residential services for people experiencing concerns with alcohol, drug use and/or gambling.
Please note that to work in the Corrections environment applicants will be required to pass the Ministry of Justice clearance checks, as well as Police and Ministry of Social Development checks. Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online registration and application forms. For all enquiries please contact Jared Johanson, P&C Advisor on 09 2815653.
Closing date: Friday 25th October 2019 at 4.00pm