Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
We create hopeful and safe spaces for change with opportunities to reflect; learn and connect so that people can move towards a brighter future.
The Odyssey Assessment, Admission and Continuing Care (AA&CC) service is now looking to recruit an Advanced Practitioner to join the team based at our community hub in New Lynn.
The Advanced Practitioner role in our AA&CC service will demonstrate the highest quality of safe, professional and effective clinical support to assist individuals and their family/whanau both pre and post residential treatment. You will take on additional responsibilities for the team and Clinical Manager to ensure best practice interventions are delivered that prepare clients for their transition to residential treatment and later, back to the community.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
· Relevant qualification/degree in health, social services, mental health and/or addictions
· Registration with DAPAANZ as a competent alcohol and other drug practitioner, or the ability to become registered at that level in a reasonable timeframe
· A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) Model
· A high level of understanding of tikanga Maori and its importance within this setting
· Excellent leadership skills with the ability to effectively communicate and coach others
· Strong clinical experience working in the addictions field
· Motivational interviewing, clinical assessment and risk management expertise
· Excellent one to one and group facilitation skills
· A full, clean NZ driver’s licence
We can offer you:
· A competitive salary and benefits
· Hours to be worked between Monday & Friday (no weekends or evenings)
· Learning and development opportunities & paid study leave
· 22 days annual leave
· Varied work that supports the community
· A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what we do
· A healthy workplace, which is smoke free
· An amazing onsite café run by Odyssey
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please also note that Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks will be required for this role.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online registration and application forms. For all enquiries please contact Nicola Mooney on 09 6384957 Ext 727
Closing date: Friday 30th October