Te Taiwhenua o Heretaunga is seeking a special person to join us as a Facilitator, helping men to gain the skills and knowledge they need for positive changes in their lives.
TToH is an award-winning organisation with a 35-year record of proven success in working alongside whanau. We promote a workplace culture of professional excellence and continuous improvement based upon our organisational values and Maori world view. We offer a competitive salary package, staff benefits and career pathways.
The successful applicant would have:
- Experience in individual and group dynamics
- A relevant tertiary education in psychology, addictions, mental health, social work, nursing, counselling or education
- The desire and ability to support others in making useful changes in their lives through a range of therapeutic interventions designed to build resilience and fuel aspirational change.
To be successful, you would:
- Enjoy working with people
- Be skilled in facilitation
- Have experience in assessment and treatment planning
- Understand, or be willing to learn, how to work well in a prison environment
- Be comfortable walking alongside people on their journey
- Be an excellent listener
- Be able to encourage change through questioning and guiding
- Be willing to learn and grow
We are seeking people who:
- Are looking to join a progressive organisation using tikanga and kaupapa Maori values
- Have experience in delivering and facilitating therapeutic interventions for individuals or group
- The ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and ethnicities
- Have knowledge of, or are willingness to learn about, Maori culture, protocols and peoples and apply kaupapa Maori practice in your work
- Are comfortable with regular practice reviews and receptive to feedback
- Have experience with report writing
You would be part of a supportive clinical team delivering a therapeutic programme and providing Aftercare services to Tane who have successfully completed the programme.
If you are ready to take your career to the next level and gain a desirable set of experiences and skills, please apply.